Followers

Feb 4, 2011

The Insurance Dilemma

I have been trying to figure out what the point is to having insurance??? I am glad I have it to help pay for my prescriptions, but it doesn't help when you have to have a procedure done and the facility wants $300 up front. When you are unable to work do to a condition that is beyond your control, where do they expect the money to come from? I don't know about you, but my money tree never sprouted in my backyard!!
My mother has been paying for my insurance out of pocket for the last few months just so I can still be covered, thank you Mom!!!

 I was set up for an MRI of my whole brain and neck to check for other underlying conditions that may be contributing to my migraines and when the facility called me to confirm my appointment they also wanted to confirm my payment of an arm and a leg....I kindly told them that I would have to reschedule at another date and time. Nice, huh??
The next day, I contacted the doctor's office to let them know what was going on and set up another appointment with them. Well, when I went in we came to the conclusion that all we can do at this point in time is hope and pray that there isn't anything "serious" such as a tumor or lesions that might progress rapidly until the time when I am able to have that MRI done.
I am still trying to figure out why there wasn't a full brain MRI done when all this started??? One would think that might have been an appropriate place to start BEFORE cutting away a section of some one's skull. But what do I know? I'm not a doctor.....

The insurance dilemma is not mine alone. There are so many others that need insurance and don't qualify for one reason or another for State funded insurance. I am one of them. I have no work related income, but I do have child support so that boots me over the income cut off for Medicaid....but, I can't continue to carry my out of pocket insurance forever. So what is a person to do? In my case, I have to suffer, just like so many others....Something just doesn't seem right about this????? The phrase, "Catch 22" comes to mind.

After the month of February, I will no longer have any insurance unless, God willing, my disability is approved. I'm not sure how well my headaches are going to react to not having ANY meds. They already don't get much relief as it is with medication. We shall see.

I continue to pray each and every day for all those in need and in pain. Maybe someday there will be some sort of end to the insurance dilemma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment