Followers

Feb 3, 2011

Recovery??

After every surgery you are told that there will be some pain but that it will ease up and "we will see you in about 6 weeks for your follow up". Well, my Neurosurgeon's office heard from me MANY times before that 6 week follow up....My headaches were horrible, I could hardly walk without losing my balance (still) and I was absolutely miserable. Just to make sure everyone understands, not all decompression surgeries lead to more problems.....there are some that are successful. All Chiari patients are different and so are their symptoms and recovery times.

The surgeon, in the meantime, has referred me to another Neurologist in Little Rock due to the migraine that I had while in ICU post surgery....we will get to that soon.
But before my 6 week follow up, I was in the ER at the same hospital my surgery was done with another severe migraine and feeling like my brain was on fire. All the time up to now I had still been having "headaches" but was told by the surgeon's nurse that it was all normal, part of the healing process....maybe so, but the one that landed me in the ER was far from normal.....but the ER doctor called the surgeon, who came to see me at the hospital and informed me it was just another migraine and that he looked at the CT scan the ER doc had ordered and everything was healing nicely. After a big shot of Morphine and Phenergan, I was sent on my merry way back home to await my appointment with the new Neurologist. That was the last time I saw my surgeon. Once surgery is complete, it is no longer their problem....at least that is how I was made to feel.

Wow. We are almost up to date......thank you all for your patience if I tend to ramble or get of track......my brain doesn't quite work the way it use to.

No comments:

Post a Comment