Followers

Feb 9, 2011

Emergency Room

I haven't posted anything in a couple of days....This past Sunday, I had to make a trip to the ER due to severe pain in my neck, shoulders and back. I just knew I had ruptured another disc in my neck, same pain as before.

After being triaged and listing the many medications I am on, they finally got me back into a room. The doctor came in and told me that he was ordering an MRI on my neck to see if a disc had ruptured and ordered a shot of Toradol and Stadol to help with the pain. Of course these are 2 meds I am already on for pain and they didn't work at home, guess he thought they might help me better if someone stabbed me with a needle while giving them to me.....NOT.

After the MRI, the doctor came back in, imformed me that everything looked the same....which meant I still have a bulging disc and nothing more....told me that he honestly had no clue why I was hurting the way I was and sent me on my way with prescriptions for Flexaril, Steroid pack and Lortabs. Like I need anymore pain meds or muscle relaxers!!! Oh, well.

The next day, Monday, I called my neurologist and let her know what was going on and asked if she could go ahead and set up an appointment for the full brain MRI again. Tax money is coming so I will be able to pay....watch and see if my ER visit didn't go ahead and max me for out of pocket and now I won't have to pay anything!!!

MRI will be done on Feb. 17,2011 at 9am.....also, still haven't heard anything on my disability. I have been trying to think of it as no news is good news....RIGHT????

No comments:

Post a Comment